Silent Hill Sudden Death Silent Hill Sudden Death

Well...

Well there ain't much Silent Hill content on NG, and for that, congratulations.

Your graphics were really nice, and you knew how to use the sounds to create a 'silent hill' feel. All that industrial metallic clanking and stuff really does the job.

I'm also a big fan of the series, and I don't believe that the idea of a storyless fighting game between the characters 'defile' the franchise or anything, I'd be all for seeing something along the lines of a Smash Bros rip-off with chibi SH characters or something. However, I do believe that fighting games should contain things like: A 'hurt' animation, where the character cannot perform any action, and something that limits the maximum number of hits a character can string together. Think of Street Fighter, or any other SNES fighters for that matter: You didn't win by just mashing the punch button faster than your ennemy without any knockback or fall down effect, and your ennemy didn't just have to keep a harmful object over your sprite to zap your lifebar into oblivion. And it's not because I found it too hard either, I won by abusing my superior range, then backing off a little, then abusing my superior range, and when I couldn't back off anymore, I quickly went -through- the nurse, taking two swipes in the process, then rinsed and repeated on the other side. Oh, and this is more minor, but the Delete and PgDwn air controls were weird, not that I efficiently jumped anyway. One thing you did right though is that maria actually steps forward a few inches when she punches, one thing rarely seen in flash fighters.

Otherwise...
The nurse character was just right, it rocked, you should try to dump her into a SH tribute -Movie-.
Keep panties away from the camera, or at least try to be a bit more subtle about it (you could refer to the PS2 2d Street Fighters vs Something to see how they include subtle panties)

And, well, sorry if it seemed harsh, I have no idea on how to make flash games, only movies (though I could probably get to learning ActionScript if I really wanted), so I have absolutely no perspective on how difficult it is to pull off something like this. Your apparent skills do surpass mine, as can be easily shown by our profiles' track records.

Thank you, and I hope that this was more constructive than 'OMFG MVOEI SUCKED dONkeyz Test3z' :-)

Deja-Vu responds:

Thank you for taking the time to write that review, MUDMAN. Very much appreciated.

Capt. Low-Rez: Blastopod Capt. Low-Rez: Blastopod

Great but...

The game was ficken great, I got all the way to level 4, then got one laser upgrade that changed my 3-green-beam canon into nothingness, I could no longer shoot any ennemy other than by shielding and eventually it all burned up, and then I had the unhappiness of restarting the level with the same accumulated powerups, which means no laser at all. Oh, and another upgrade wouldn't change anything, not that it mattered with the blastopod thingy one inch from it.
But other than this horrible bug, great game!! There's no 'functionality' rating in there, so I'm giving you a 10 anyways.

Domestic Dispute Domestic Dispute

Great stuff

I'm a fan of RPG battle spoofage and this is great! You gotta see it as a 'movie where you can click things' rather than an 'unchallenging game' to truly appreciate its greatness.

! Fishy ! ! Fishy !

Nice-iness

Funny how it gets easier and harder at the same time
Easier cause things become less threatening
Harder cause you're a bigger target :P

Anyway it took me a while to realize that the size of what you eat doesn't affect how fast you grow.

Found Lost Found Lost

OMG SCARINESS

Well after looking a bit a the painting with the two children and seeing the closeup on the girl, I decided to wait till tomorrow daytime to continue this :P CREEPY CREEEEEPY Eyeless girl
*Hides behind Samara*

One Man's Fridge One Man's Fridge

Yay!

Yay for you!
You could even start some stuff to teach kids how to type without looking at the keyboard, and it would make NG an educationnal place too! (I'm referring to the part where you have to dodge the fork)

Learn Flash with Skubz! Learn Flash with Skubz!

This has to get more exposure

Although it already passed judgement, getting another 5 will propel this tute a few notches higher on the result list when you search for something by score. The only thing I learned myself is about layer folder, wich I won't use anyway and that I'm not even sure if they exist in flash 5 but oh well some people may need them. Nice work this needs to be seen by totally new people who will make a 3 keyframe movie with a stickman or a 'Listening experience' 'movie' with a 4 meg mp3 loop-a-looping because it's one frame and he forgot to make a stop command (DON'T LAUGH I'VE SEEN ONE!!!)

afromonky responds:

Yes I seen many of them. I really don't mind them though, people need to start somewhere!

Clock Legends Clock Legends

Wow

Really neat stuff
I only have 2 questions

-How do you get to the moving platform after the big steak when the kamehameha doesn't propel you farther up (hard mode)

-Is that green... thing... boss supposed to do something? I know I just repeatedly jumped on it with kamehamehas and it would wait for me to do so

also...

andyyoyo IS AN OUTWAR SPAMMER DON'T TAKE OFF THE $ BETWEEN OUT AND WAR IN THE WEB ADDRESS
Who the hell didn't see that anyway... oh well more whistle power for us.